I managed to sneak in a little bit of coding time between the two classes I teach today. Unfortunately, I'm falling a bit short of my goal of "30 minutes of coding every day", but I have bills to pay and I get really dang tired. Oh well.
Today, I was working on character art. I really liked the game "air mail" and its minimalist style, so I am thinking of also making my sprites pretty simple.
Also apparently the newest version of GIMP won't let me save animated gifs, so I ended up writing a little Python program to test out my sprite animations for me. I know I could use some other graphics software, but I like GIMP for the most part.
This and any other spriting utilities I end up writing will go here: https://bitbucket.org/moosaderllc/pixel-art-toolkit/src/master/
I added a HUD object to the ezha framework, as well as a "percentage bar" widget for the player's health. I've been adjusting the HUD around some more, but it doesn't look good. I need to figure out how I want to display everything. Once I get some more graphics drawn, I think I will have a better idea of how I want it to look.
Here's more of a DOS-styled HUD, with a smaller game field viewport:
I just want to play with code...
There's still more I want to do, but I'm also feeling tempted to work on other projects too. D'oh.
- Do additional side jobs to earn more money to pay off your student loans.
- You can buy a car!
- If you pay for a car (or take out a loan for a car) you can Vroomr people around for money.
- Use random number generator to have car randomly break down.
- You can take out a loan to repair your car, too.
- If you miss car payments, it gets repossessed.
- Apply for additional loans to pay for medical and car bills!
- Compare interest rates!
- If you haven't taken out any loans (besides your student loan) prior, the interest rate will be much higher!
- If you don't have the money to pay for medical bills, the hospital will finance you! At whatever interest rate they like!
- It's cheaper to kill wildlife and eat them or drink water in the wilderness, but then your medical costs go up in the long run because the animals and water are radiated.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.